eCitizen Portal is a portal for changing the way the National Land Commission of Bhutan delivers land transactions services to the citizens of Bhutan. The portal was launched on 5th Feb, 2017 by the NLCS, and gives citizens access to land transaction services without having to visit a NLCS or Thromde office.
Bhutanese citizens can create an account using their ID card number. Once registered, one can use the portal to do land transaction.
Some of the objectives of eCitizen Portal are as follow:
- To allow citizens to apply land transaction application without having to visit Thromde or NLCS office.
- Reduction of paper usage: No need to fill up Land Transaction forms manually and no need to submit CID copies of transaction parties & witness since the system is integrated with the live census data from DCRC through G2C services
- Reduce the trunaround time for land transaction services: have all the workflow captured starting from applicant till the approval.
- Give a better services: Notifications with email and SMS integration.
- Accountability: All the actions taken by the users from Thromde and NLCS in the portal on a transaction application will be captured.
- Transparency: The total cost of the land/flat/building, demarcation fee, subdivision fee, Lagthram fee and revenue receipt number and date (5% tax) will be captured in the system which can be viewed by the applicant and all officials processing the transaction application.
Following are the steps you need to take inorder to apply land transactions in the eCitizen Portal:
- Register in the portal using your CID. Your credentials will be send to your mobile number through SMS.
- After creating an account you can login and apply new transactions, view previously applied transactions, check activity logs for the transactions you applied, check the status of your transactions etc...
- At every critical status changes in your transaction you will be notified through SMS in your mobile number.